CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: opening day chaplin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigoutdoors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: opening day chaplin Reply with quote

we hit our usual opening day spot on the natchuag river in chaplin.it was a beutiful day and the warm weather brought out more peaple.on the first cast i had a fish on.nice brown around 11 inches.he went back.had to make a dozen more cast befor the next one.this one was bigger 15 inch rainbow.around 630 encon showed up.i dont know if some one had called,but he made a bee line to a large group of peaple.your allowed 2 fish in the natchuag.i could hear the officer talking to them.1 guy hade 10 nice size trout they looked like 18 inch plus.he was telling the officer that they were not all his,but he couldnt locate his other buddies. the ticket must have been large because i could hear him yelling about it.i know that 6 others got tickets and i could see the officer walking to his truck with a mess of fish.after that the place cleared out of the openning day warriors.i had a good day with a show,14 trout landed took home a 15 and 18 inch and also found about 15 dollars worth of lures.the majic fly was a heavy weighted hairs ear.to end the day we went to my buddies campground site for a couple cocktails and venison stew.then came home for a nap.i cooked them on the grill and started my vegatable plants in the cold frame.going to hit a pond in windham tommarrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: