CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Out-fished on the CT River 5/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustang11

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Out-fished on the CT River 5/22 Reply with quote

Had a pretty good weekend, headed out on the river Saturday night. My brother and I fished the incoming tide for about 2 hours. The 1st hour was pretty quiet looking for the fish, but right before the tide was in full (6-7pm) was nice and active.

My largest of the evening which is not worth showing was only around 20" however my brother managed to land a few keepers with one almost at the 3 foot mark - our biggest of the season so far.

Brian

asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Out-fished on the CT River 5/22 Reply with quote

Nice fish man looks like you were bout 10 mins up river from me.... I too had a great day fishing on the ct river... Got some pics will post them soon as i get them on computer.... 7 keepers over 15 schoolies..
mustang11

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work! It is good to see them strong in the river.

Brian
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stripers guys. I too got a 32" at the river mouth Monday morning. Lost one that probably went 40"+ as we saw him boatside but I could not turn him for the life of me. Eventually snapped my 20lb line like it was 6. What were you guys using?

Jim
mustang11

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I'm hoping we run into some in the 40 range soon. Good thing I upgraded to 30lb braid on the poles this year.

We usually troll red tubes to find them, then it's a mix of trolling and throwing tubes and rubber swim baits for the bites.

Brian
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got mine on a 9" Houdini Shad. Gets tiring chucking baits that big for 6 hours straight. Very Happy Brian good luck on your next trip out.

Jim
mustang11

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks! I have been meaning to try the Houdini's I have heard good things about them... Right now I'm stocked with the Storm Wildeye 6" Shad - got them in white and in gold. I imagine the 9" being a little bigger will attrach more customers Laughing

I think we are planning to make the most of the long weekend with a few trips in the early am and late pm hours to avoid the masses out on the water. It's a better time for the bite and it seems much nicer when the only other traffic on the water is a few boats doing what we're doing.

Brian
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppers and xraps. and this homemade thing i found in derby floating down the river which has been the best thing for me this year.... For line im using 20 lb braid with 13 lb fluorocarbon leader....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: