CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Pachaug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Pachaug Reply with quote

Getting out to Pachaug tomorrow, heard there is 5 of inches of mixed ice. Wondering if anyone else was heading out in that direction and wanted to meet up with me and two of my friends.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you out there. are you doing the derby?
NateD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how as the ice out there?
Bass warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ice was good on saturday. Pre rain we had four inches of black and about 3-4 inches of soft white ice.it was close to a skunk, but maximillion was able able to catch a fat little cat on a tip up around noon. we left at around six. I ended up checking out gardner for a couple hours yesterday. I must have picked the worst part of the day to be out. it was raining heavy my whole time out. i did manage to jig up one litle largemouth, which was great because i beat the weekend skunk. hoping to get out on gardner again this week. the area i was fishing had a solid 7 inches of black ice.
NateD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Gardner was safe? That is surprising, anyone at or near the island way out to the right?
Bass warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardner was safe in the cove we were in. we were the only dudes out yesterday. But the ice was getting thinner towards the island. I drilled a hole about of the quarter of the way out to the island and I was only on a couple inches of ice. everywhere else I drilled was at least 4-5 inches of solid. I'd like to get out there one night this week and hook into some Walters. I'm pretty sure Gardner closes Thursday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: