CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pattaconk Resevoir 9/10 - 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpucci

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Pattaconk Resevoir 9/10 - 11 Reply with quote

We took our Boy Scout troop out on a 2 night campout at the Pattaconk Resevoir in Haddam Ct. Arrived on Friday night with 35 scouts and 12 adults. Got camp all set up and played a bit of cribbage until around 12:30.

My partner and I were up at 5:45 and out on the lake at 6 for a bit of fishing before rousing the troops. We darted across to the penisula across from the campsite and started to work the lilly pads along the edge of the water. We both were able to pull in 2 LMB apiece. All were of the 1.5 lb variety. After working the peninsula we headed to the far side of the lake and worked the opposite bank. I pulled in a nice 10" yellow pearch and my partner pulled in another LMB.

We then needed to head back to camp at about 7:30 so my partner could cook the adults breakfast! (The kids are on their own)

After getting everything and everyone together for the days activities of canoeing, kayaking, swimming and fishing, my partner and I commandered a 2 seat kayak and headed back out. We worked the near shore for about an hour and pulled in 5 more LMB between us.

Lunchtime brought us back in for a while then it was into my canoe for some more fun!

We began on the opposite shore and worked our way towards the dam. My partner cought a really nice 12" or so yellow pearch that we decided to keep. We always keep at least 1 nice, tasty fish to demonstrate cleaning and cooking your catch to the boys who are interested. As we got to the end of a lilly pad cluster near a fallen branch, I got a huge hit and after a great fight pulled in the lunker of the weekend which was a LMMB of 4.5 - 5lb range. This bad boy was a real bruiser who had lost an eye somehow or another (photo to follow when I get it from the Scoutmaster.)

We continued to fish for a while and pulled in another LMB then back in for dinner.

I had pulled dinner duty and prepared, from scratch, over an open fire, for 25, Chicken Cacciatore with peppers and mushrooms over pasta with a Romaine salad and a blue cheese vinegrette Very Happy I also cooked up the yellow pearch which was YUMMY!

In thwe morning my partner and I were out on the water at 6 again with one of the scouts in tow on his dads kayak (Dad was not in attendance). He told us that his dad had yet to catch anything fromm the boat, so he was out for bragging rights! (especially since he was skunked the day before!) We worked the near bank and I pulld in the first fish of the AM, a nice 2 lb LMB. my partner and I cought a couple more then he landed a nice 16" or so pickerell. As our time on the lake began to draw to a close our stalworth young scout let out a hoot of joy, he had beat his old man to the first fish, a 9" LMB, but a fish nonetheless!

A great time was had by all!

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: