CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: peanut butter bass @ local ponds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toonces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: peanut butter bass @ local ponds Reply with quote

i went out to my local ponds to test swim some saltwater lures i had rigged in different ways but brought along my smaller rod i use for bass fishing. i probed the lower pond with a dropshot setup i've been testing. had no bites so i tried a frog along the trees and still no bites. went to the upper pond still trying the frog and the water was a little clearer so i was able to see a small bass rise up on the frog along some trees, but it didn't commit.

switched to a wacky Zoom worm weightless and caught two small LMB. headed back to the lower pond and probed the water with the worm with no luck. came back around and decided to try to pitch it into the inlet from the upper pond and as it drifted back into the pond i saw a large bass suck it up and start swimming back into the pond.

my eyes about popped out of my head and i set the hook. there wasn't much fight and i had the drag buttoned down a bit so but the gaping mouth on this thing was proof that this was the biggest large mouth bass i have ever caught. well, i had to get it to shore first and i was praying it wouldn't spit the hook.

snagged the leader and brought in my personal best LMB by a huge margin. i've caught dozens of small bass in these ponds and i never figured anything large was lurking this close to shore, but i must've been in the right place at the right time. didn't take any measurements but i did have my camera. i made a video for my brother, who is a fairly new fishing addict but here is the pic.

Desroska

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish! Congrats on your new PB!
Megaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old fishing buddy down in South Jersey use to tell me...if there are lots
of LIL guys in there..there is also the BIG ONEs who made them little guys..

most of the BIG ONes are under that mat i bet ya... until fall turnover occurs...ive had No luck lately..a bite here n there but nothing of mention...

that pic looks like...harwington area... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megaman wrote:
An old fishing buddy down in South Jersey use to tell me...if there are lots
of LIL guys in there..there is also the BIG ONEs who made them little guys..

most of the BIG ONes are under that mat i bet ya... until fall turnover occurs...ive had No luck lately..a bite here n there but nothing of mention...

that pic looks like...harwington area... Wink

i need a setup that'll get through that muck and a bait that'll weed out the small fish. bummer, i guess i have to shop for more gear!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new personal best!

There's many small ponds out there that hold tons of 1 to 2 pounders with a few pigs lurking around.

A golf course I've been fishing for over 10 years has a number of ponds that hold tons of chubby 13" bass. But most years I've always caught a pig 4 pounds or more, with my peanut butter 8 pounds 1 ounce coming from one of the ponds.
AfternoonFisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: new PB Reply with quote

Congrats!
toonces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a video of this alleged event. actually made it the day i caught the fish but only sent the link to my brother. PM me if you want the link -- don't want the whole interwebs to see where i fish even though it's a fairly public spot Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: