CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Peanut Butter Chowder!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Peanut Butter Chowder! Reply with quote

Was having trouble falling asleep overnight Monday so I headed down to Fayerweather for the Tuesday morning high tide.

Once I got down to the jetty I couldn't believe how quiet it was compared to Monday. Nothing ever stirred up out there.

The active area was the channel by the ramp where there would be some big explosions here and there with bunker jumping. If I had my lighter setup with me I could have gotten the jighead into some thicker schools.

Egrets, gulls, young cormorants, and terns were having a field day with the peanut butter! Snappers had the bait thick like chowder along the shore and were even pushing them right up onto rocks!

I eventually headed back home to take a nap and later get a text from member Chunkin4Blues (Chris) about heading out.

We hit WHB for about 2 hours during the evening outgoing. I lost a snapper on the LC-12 and Chris had a few bumps on an SP Minnow.

Chris and I had peanut butter in front of us like crazy! They were jumping in numbers and could see snappers splashing on the surface with occasional bigger explosions as if tailors or bigger stripers were in the mix.

One nice thing about WHB was hardly any weeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: