CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Pen 525 mag
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dantheman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Pen 525 mag Reply with quote

Thinking about picking up the mag, anyone here run this reel or know anyone who has it? Is it worth the $$
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to throw chunks a mile, it's a good reel. Pairing it with a surf rod? Is it a NOS? They're popular down in the OBX where you often need to put bait out past breakers. Not sure how the newer Squals compare.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Dantheman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a whole bunch of different surf casters 8-10ft all pretty high quality stuff just want another setup. And yes I need some distance few breach ways I fish in ri seriously have times where distance is the difference. As for the squall I've seen it but never did the research to get a good comparison. Mag just seemed perfect for what I wanna do. Just not sure on what length rod I want to pair it with, most likely a 10ft, can get choppy and need to keep the line tight and out of the rough surf that breaks by the jetty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: