CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Pequonnock 11/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Pequonnock 11/20 Reply with quote

Friday I hit the lower tidal Pequonnock again. Arrived at Knowlton Street Park around 3pm to find too many leaves floating around, so I went to a spot on Yellow Mill a buddy told me about.

Never saw anything happen along the Yellow Mill so I ended the evening at Bushwick Metal.

Saw 2 Seaside buddies there. 1 of them said he had a follower and a hit. Both said there were many splashes.

I caught a dinky striper no bigger than 12" with an original pearl shad FLR-10 and had no other hits or followers. Many leaves were floating.

Hit the road around 5:15.
insomnia11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mike
you should've been there today
based on your thursday report...i decided to try the park access.
last two weeks i've been fishing the river south.. across from the dog track.no luck.
got there at 2pm..left at 4pm
no leaves but water clarity was about 2ft at best.needless to say i wasn't expecting much with the water as "dirty" as it was
there was a lot of splashing and birds diving down by the washington ave bridge
random swirls and smaller splashes up and down the river.i thought it was bunkers
eventually they moved closer to the pier...thats when i saw some keepers
you're right!...it's not just schoolies.there's one or two big bass still in that river.
saw a bunch of BIG tail slaps and the occasional BIG head trying to scoop up the peanut bunkers jumping out the water trying to flee
tried a fresh bunker chunk on one rod and different lures on a second
best i could do was a fat 12" schoolie.. 3" plastic..close to the pier..that was pure luck
the river was too dirty and filled with too much peanut bunker
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: