CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Perch Perch Perch oh and a few other fish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Perch Perch Perch oh and a few other fish Reply with quote

Pic of a white perch I got today (monday jan 18th) in my next post of this thread

Just tap it tap tap tap it

Today I went to a local res and wasnt really thinking I was going to catch much since I havnt yet.

My brother in law park and start unpacking our things when a gentleman shows up and after a bit of talking he informed us that we SHOULD catch a load of perch.

After working the bank near shore (where we usually fish open water) we continued to move.

Since the gentleman we talked to walked by us and ended up in the middle of the lake we worked our way toward him.

We worked some sip ups with medium shiners dead and alive along with pieces of fish on the tip ups with good success.

We also Jigged baited Swedish pimple and what I call the air plane. My brother in-law added gulp maggots, while at first I did the same I ended up using small chunks of shiner.

We Jigged any where from the ground to about 8-10 inches off the bottom and caught them through out the day.

JIGGING
In-law caught one small bass
I caught 2 cat fish which surprised me a lot but, was very fun to real in
A lot of perch unsure how many we stopped counting

Tip-ups a bunch of perch

I kept about 5 or 6 perch for my father and through the rest back

I will have some pics asap

My 7 year old also came out later in the day and helped pull up some perch on the tip up.

Total hours about - 6
Total fish - not sure but, enough to make me happy

I forgot my food at home and went 6 hours without food I was very tempted to eat a minnow or raw perch meat!

Last edited by perfect hook set on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
JiggyWithIt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE GOING phs!!! oh and thanks for throwing some back for the rest of us Wink Bye the way what lake did all this action take place? Question Sounds like you weren't going to starve for too long

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought food today woot lol (i usually do)

We caught more today but, not as much as saturday and we had some serious slow slumps where we didnt get much of any thing.

Today we may have moved out to far to quick because, we ended up in an area where we mainly caught small fish. Saturday we stayed back a bit and was able to pull out some bigger perch.

The opposite to Saturday we caught more on tip ups / had more hits on them as well compared to jigging!

Margerie Res Danbury side!

Here is one we got on a t up today

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE. Gotta bust your a$$ with that picture... What kind of bait do you use that you need that many split shots to keep it down ???? You had a great day, so I guess the answer really doesn't matter, but you got more weight on that 1 line than I have in my whole set. Keep drillin!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm I think someone wants to FIGHT!

No comment on the FISH!

They are not my tip ups
The line is pretty light so I believe thats why he put 5 split shots on the line

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm Question
White Perch!

I know of a little cove just off the Ct. River that gets a big run of them!
If it's frozen over, it might be productive Exclamation
Also for Yellows and maybe some Pike Question
Think I'll take a ride, next day or so, and check it out!

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: