CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: pickeral 8/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookn4bass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: pickeral 8/9 Reply with quote

didn't get out of work early but got the go ahead from the boss to do some fishing...

hit pickeral from 7 till dark. fished the docks, weed fences and any other structure besides the weeds with a jig and the big worm. picked up 7 on the worm. a couple of decent ones and a couple of dinks.

has anybody fished this lake other than the shoreline and points?
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Pickeral Lake. I haven't fished it but ask Mark (Just4fun) as I know he has been there a few times.
stumpy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fished the far end by the damn, anywhere from 6-9 fow. i used a 1/2oz jig and a ds with some results. i fished the beaver dams with 0 results and picked up a couple of dinks in the coves to the right side of the lake. i havent really put alot of time on that lake yet, i didnt really fish the developed side either, i might be taking a trip there in the near future.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,..
re: the lake,...I like that lake as long as the ramp doesn't have 30 feet of matted weeds stacked up against it! Confused Rolling Eyes
It has some very nice fish in it,..lots of 4-5 lbers! I think it fishes very similar to Moodus but is less pressured. Most of my bigger fish came out of the lilypads there, but I have caught a few down in the deeper holes (~ 10ft) down by the dam and off the point that's about 3/4 of the way down the undeveloped shoreline where the lake opens up into that large shallow cove. The shoreline with the houses has some fish,..but all of mine there have been smaller on that side!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job!

Just one more cast...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: