CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pickerel Lake 7/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golfer63

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Pickerel Lake 7/11 Reply with quote

First time poster here. Hit Pickerel Lake for second time in past two weeks. Last time did fair with a few LM and some pickerel, nothing too big. Was fishing mostly top water in evening with some rubber frogs and Senko worms in the lily's beforehand. Most fish caught right at dusk along the docks.

So went back again with nine year old daughter and her ten year old friend this past Fri. Was determined to try my luck with jigs. Did some drifting from the dam back (was in canoe) wind was decent for trolling. Tried different depths and nothing. Ten year old caught a catfish around 7:00 near the bottom on her white curly tail jig. As we were kind of cramped in the Old Town, friends father was along for the ride as well, we weren't doing much casting.

As we approached the left shoreline around 7:30 I tried a few casts with a speckled chartreuse grub jib and started getting some hits from pan fish. Kids wanted to start casting so we switched around in the canoe to put the girls front and back and before long ten year old hooks into a lunker! It was like jaws pulling the canoe left and right. Finally landed it. Not sure of exact size and weight as I had no scale, but I guess around 6 lb,

White grub jib was foul hooked on the belly. That's him in my avatar photo.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the 10 year old whooping behind you? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, very good first post. Nice bass. Congrats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: