CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pickett Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punz203

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Pickett Pond Reply with quote

Well my day started off at Bunnell Pond. Still flooded but tried the river anyway. Nothing, but yesterday I caught 3 Trouts. Moved on to Wooster Pond.....man that place is pretty nasty to fish but fished it anyways. Full of Sunnys, but didn't catch a thing there. There is something real big in that pond tho. It was jumping at the tree line like crazy. Evening ended at Pickett Pond. Slight flooding with wet ground surrounding most of the pond. Few people fishing the pond and seemed like they were catching either Sunnys or small bass (heard a fisherman yelling, "it looks like a bass.") They stock the pond with Catfish but I didn't know that and didn't have bait for that. so I tried my luck with my Rapala and ended up catching a Brown Trout. If it wasn't because I actually like fishing and just being in the element of it, I would be like F this. At least it wasn't a total flop. 1 is better then non.
stripertime

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good bait for them cats in there is to catch some sunnies and chunk them the cats love sunnie chunks !!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripertime wrote:
A good bait for them cats in there is to catch some sunnies and chunk them the cats love sunnie chunks !!!!

I second!

I once tried using a freshly killed redbreast at Beardsley Park and was getting lots of hits before getting rid of it and throwing it in the water. Later I catch a catfish and bring it home to find that same redbreast in its stomach.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooster Pond is more of a children's pond due to it being loaded with sunnies and hardly having any bass over 2 pounds with there not being much of a bass population.

The pond is very polluted too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: