CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pike Spots? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Pike Spots? Reply with quote

Looking for some pike spots besides the obvious Bantam Lake, PM me or reply in the thread.

Thanks

Joe
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CT RIVER!!!
watthe555

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopeville pond, winchester lake, and lake lillinonah(holds the ct state record pike at 29 lbs)
CT_BASSman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking about checking out hopeville with the kayak, wheres the best access?
watthe555

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent fished there yet but i hope to in the future. gonna hit winchester lake on sunday. ill let you know if i catch any pike
SAP284

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is bantam lake open to public for launch? Thinking about bringing my 18ft bass tracker there but I'm hearing different stories about it being closed on this website?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy has been yanking some very nice Pike out of Hopeville. Just grabbed a 10 lber last weekend.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
watthe555

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can put your boat there. i did last week. ignore the sign put up. your hearing different things because it used to be only the people of Morris can use it but people who were not residents were also paying taxes for it so they had a meeting and now it is open to the public. good luck there are some nice pike there. but the boat launch is shitty. you will also notice there is less weeds because they recently killed some of them with chemicals.
thenameissimon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watthe555 wrote:
yes you can put your boat there. i did last week. ignore the sign put up. your hearing different things because it used to be only the people of Morris can use it but people who were not residents were also paying taxes for it so they had a meeting and now it is open to the public. good luck there are some nice pike there. but the boat launch is shitty. you will also notice there is less weeds because they recently killed some of them with chemicals.

Where did you obtain the information that the boat launch is free and open to the public and not just residents of Morris? I can't find anywhere online that states that the launch is open to non-residents, other than a proposal to open the launch to 150 non-residents for a nominal fee...
therieldeal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at hopeville this weekend looking for pike, look for two guys in a little 10 foot aluminum Jon boat...

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
SAP284

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I cant either. I wanted to go today but I dont feel like driving an hour to be let down....
thenameissimon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call the Town of Morris in the mean time.
watthe555

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard it from local fisherman i know. even if it is not open to the public. i went there 8 times this year with my boat and didnt get a single ticket or anything from the town. i dont think they care, because if they did they would have someone managing the boat launch during the day. im still gonna hit it a couple more times to catch some nice pike lol.
watthe555

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright my bad. it is not open to the public, i was not caught becausei go during the weekday not weekends. but you can go to your town hall and get a sticker from your town hall which might be a little fee and then you can go fishing there. i apologize
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!! You are not suppose to use the state ramp in Morris, The state did not renew their contract with the town, so its not the states property, the state when they rented the land took care of it,(well kind of) you can launch across the lake near the campground, for a fee,, if you get caught at the state ramp, you will probably be fined,, but thats your fault,,I dont know where your dreaming this up,, and another thing,,, if I go to my town hall and ask for a permit for Bantam,, they will give me one,,, for a fee?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes And who told you we pay taxes on that ramp???? its the towns property,,, they,, the town residents pay the taxes..granted when the state ran the ramp, we payed small taxes or monies to have an officer there but thats about it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: