CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Pine Lake 9/27
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Pine Lake 9/27 Reply with quote

Went over to pine lake to find that they were draining the place.Water level was about 4 feet below normal and about 10 feet of shoreline was now exposed.It was 3:30 when i arrived and i stuck with the black/gold/orange Jr spook.Since the water was so low,all of the fallen trees were completely out of the water.I casted around the outskirts of them with only a few small swipes. I then began casting out into the middle and that's when it began. I had tons of action.The fish seemed to be condensed out there and were attacking my topwater with a vengeance. Every 3rd or 4th cast ended up with a swipe,hook-up or lost fish. By the time i left at 6:00,i had landed 3 small pickerel and 6 bass.2 of which were in the 2-3 lb range.As to why they are draining the place ...one could only assume it's to resume searching for that gun that was supposedly tossed in there.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had a fun time!

I love it when those feisty pickerel explode on the topwaters
BigEd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productive trip considering it was mid day!
I wonder if they'll drop it any further? It's a good time to look for any submerged structure.
avidangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Sounds like you had a fun time!

I love it when those feisty pickerel explode on the topwaters

They were literally going airborne!Like a trout coming up after a bug on the surface As to where the bass just sipped it underwater.

The only submerged structure i noticed so far was a big stump out in the middle near where i was casting.If they continue to lower the water......i may locate other structure.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: