CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: places safe to take a child fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtbybud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: places safe to take a child fishing Reply with quote

Am taking my grandson out tomorrow, and yes I know its friday the 13th.. He just wants to go out and catch something and since he's only 6 just want him to catch but also to be safe too. Any advice would be helpful either park, docks or a bridge with not much traffic... thanks
RobO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: try this place Reply with quote

Try the DEEP docks in Old Lyme. Catching something there is hit or miss, but it is a safe and clean place to take your grandchild.

Bring a dozen sand worms and use a fish finder rig.

Also you can try and go crabbing for blue crabs there by using a 10-15 food string tied to a chicken wing or leg... I do this while I am waiting for a fish to come along and take my bait.

http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/site.asp?siteid=533

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: thanks for the tip Reply with quote

I was thinking about the boat launch under the bridge but this place sounds better maybe we will try both... He just wants to catch something...
toonces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how was it? i have a 3 yo and this place sounds safe enough.
wtbybud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: deep docks old lyme Reply with quote

I was there today, went just to check it out because it was raining. Lots of people crabbing not many fishing...Seemed safe enough for my grandson... He was a little cold but hey it wasn't a great day today...Next time will bring some chicken...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: