CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: please help!!!!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveyDave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: please help!!!!!! Reply with quote

hey guys i just got back from an emregency trip to europe where one of my uncles had passed away...so now that im back i realise that after a week and half that all the conditions are out of wack! just wonderin if anybody can give me some local and recent reports on pike waters besek was the last spot i went to and there was a solid 18" of ice in at the front of the little cove...
also if any news on river fishin but i doubt it as the CTR is about 20 ft above normal!
just need to get out and away for awhile and enjoy it all again after a rough few weeks
thanks in advance
Dave
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your uncle bro. Keep your head up. He's in a better world.
& about fishing, I'm gonna check some spots tonight and will get back to you.
DaveyDave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that bro and thanks where ya goin let me know and i can join u!pm me ur number
colburn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beseck is unsafe. And ice heard dep is trying to get ride of the Pike the idiot put in there.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it's probably too late to get rid of the pike in Beseck. Even in my limited experience there, they seem to be pretty well established. I've seen them in a big range of sizes, from 20 inches to 30+ inches.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i highly doubt dep could get rid of all of them since they are breeding and the spectrum of size is varies from one extreme to the other so if they get all the biggins a few years there will be more to replace them and maybe even more and bigger fish due to the fact that without all the big ones the place would explode with Golden pond shinners that the same genious idiot introduced along with channel cats as well from what i heard...but at the same time those same pond shinners provide a large forage for big bass double edged sword i guess but i say leave them be i think more places should be stocked with pike and even start stocking muskie and lake trout ..
we also have some bowfins/snakeheads around from what i have heard have yet to catch one!
what can u do???
gonna hit up winchester lake in a little bit if anybbody would like to join me send me a pm with ur number im bringin some chow and drinks would be nice to cover a wide area with a few more guys.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are bowfins snakeheads? I saw one in the tank @ cabela's and i was like wtf? a snakehead? Would love to catch one too. Holler if you caught a piranha in the housy Smile
JohnJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowfin and snakehead are not the same fish. The one at Cabela's is a bowfin.
colburn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am and will be doing my part to deplete the Pike population in Beseck. Snakeheads too if I ever catch one
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, i didn't think bowfins were snakeheads. Thanks
pikePERSUADER1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you not want pike in beseck lake, its an opportunity to catch a different game species??? theres also some big bass in beseck, caught a few nice ones there this season, ones that the pike cant eat Laughing
Flipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree w/ PikePersuader. Why catch a 3lb bass when you can catch a 10lb pike? Bass are everywhere and only a handfull of lakes have pike. Besides, I firmly believe that pike actually improve the bass fishing. They weed out the small ones so mostly big bass are present. Every lake in this state that has pike are also known for big bass. Killing fish just because you don't want to catch them is not a good idea. Especially because it takes pike a long time to get to breeding size. If you don't want to catch pike, go to one of the 200 lakes in this state that don't have them. I don't really like catching bass, but I'm not going to kill every one I catch just because they are a nusance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colburn dont get caught even though pike may be invasive to Beseck all Ct fish and game laws still apply...so watch ur back
and as far as my error on bowfin my bad had only seen pics and never looked into it thought that people were reffering to snakeheads when they soke of bowfin my fault didnt realise they were diffrent species..
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoville Res. in Wolcott has bowfin but is closed until the 3rd Sat in April. I'm definitely going to pay a visit early in case they happen to be spawning. Spawning male bowfin turn crazy shades of turquoise and green on their fins. Please don't kill them.

Sorry for your loss, Dave.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
colburn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know. A 10 lb Pike ha. They are garbage they take no skill to catch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: