CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: please tell me my info is wrong!!!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: please tell me my info is wrong!!!!! Reply with quote

ok so a friend of mine works at dicks in milford. i always joke with him and tell him to grab a couple packs of senkos for me but he never does. well today he was telling me how i should buy up now cause they are getting marked up in price to $8.99 a pack!!! can anyone back this up and tell me if they've heard the same over if this is bullshit. the sad thing is yamamoto has a great product and he can get it up to that and still people will buy.

i know of a guy that will sell me knock offs for 1000 pieces for $179 but that slight weight difference means less fish and i rather go senkos but not for $8.99 a pack
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's true or not,..but personally, I would never pay that much for them. I believe that there are numerous other brands now that are just as good, if not better!
Just my $.02, though confidence in a bait is a BIG deal,..so if senkos are the only ones that you have confidence in,..then maybe they are worth that much to you!
djmon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this other brand ive used are lighter and slightly thinner in diameter. they are more comparable to yum's dingers including the hook slots. i one had fished one color of them and have only used them a few times- one of which i out fished a friend of mine who is dead set on senkos 14 bass to 6 in around a 2hr time from shore at lake wintergreen. my $.02 is with knock offs like what i'm talking about the baits may vary batch to batch where as yamamotos you can count to stay the same each time. now for those that have fished them for awhile now know that the formula for the senkos has begun to change and they are slightly stiffer though still a great bait. as my friend would say; too much time on my hands, but its good to know what your working with.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj, go with producto lure hot rod worms. They are about 3 bucks for 10 I believe and they are the samething as a senko. They have a lot of other worms for really cheap.

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
dj, go with producto lure hot rod worms. They are about 3 bucks for 10 I believe and they are the samething as a senko. They have a lot of other worms for really cheap.

I haven't tried their stick worms,..but I do use other Producto worms and they are first rate products at great prices, for sure! Cool
WishinIWasFishin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart sells a yamamoto product that are just like senkos but with different packaging (still says yamamoto) that are cheaper
Old standby push button
Zorro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for dicks in meriden and I did not hear anything like that. Ill let you guys know if anything like that happens.
djmon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ones at walmart should either be the kinambi which are gary's son baits an its 7 baits for like 4 bucks vs 10 baits for 6 bucks so it still high. or its the wave worms which as just for fun mentioned is closing shop
cobalt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLsenko's
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sal,
much as i hate em, they absolutely do catch fish; IMO they are a must have in every fishermans arsenal no matter your opinion on them
Zorro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdcrack wrote:
sal,
much as i hate em, they absolutely do catch fish; IMO they are a must have in every fishermans arsenal no matter your opinion on them

True I throw them as my last hope... Thats after throwing everything else in my box
stumpy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many stickbaits out there will produce. you can also check out ebay and buy bulk. i will not pay more than 6.00 for those baits. ive also caught fish on Gulp sinking minnows.
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jighead lures *(from CT)* makes some good salty sticks.

FIndbassLLC (also ct) just about as good as jigheads.

I bought several hundred last year from them combined. I dont like to admit it but I use them occasionally (early spring+ those HOT summer days)
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote here for Jighead's worms. In addition to the usual 4 and 5" sizes he also makes some jumbo size ones,..7" & 10" in case anyone is looking for something to tempt the big girls!! Wink .
He also does custom colors and can make them with or without salt (if you want floaters). Anyway, just wanted to give him a plug incase anyone is in the market for some! (His website is jigheadlures.com in case you cannot read it off the pic)

chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt is a great guy but I don't think he wants to be plugged on this site. He is a diehard on the other site and will not sign up over here.

Here is another option from BBC. This guys stuff is great and he pours some awesome trailers also!!!!
Wink

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/330760-scented-soft-plastics-coffee-power-sent-lunker-tournament-pre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: