CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Polarized Glasses Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Polarized Glasses Reply with quote

“The importance of polarized glasses”

Monday a fishing partner (who asked to remain nameless because this is just too funny) and I went fishing on Lake X (which also asked to remain nameless because it was embarrassed to have us on its waters).

We headed out in my 14’ Jon boat because Lake X is known to have many rocks and I really did not want to use the Skeeter.

Now mind you, the lake has been drawn down about 3 to 4 feet so the rocks are even more of a danger.

We headed out toward a few of the islands and started casting towards shore trying to find the mother load. Well, we are cruising along at about # 3 on the Minn Kota when all of a sudden we come to a dead stop!!!.

Yup, we hit a rock just under the water line. I happened to be sitting on my high pedestal seat so I was pushed forward and caught myself from going for a much-unwanted swim.

My partner wasn’t as fortunate, he did not go swimming, but he did take a dive to the bottom of the Jon boat pretty hard. I got up turned around to find “him” in the fetal position muttering some words.

I asked my partner “Dude, you ok”? As we both started laughing so laud and continually I am sure we made enough noise to scare even the Lock Ness Monster away.

Once I was done wiping the tears from my eyes and catching my breath we started fishing again.

This is the part where Polarized glasses come in. As the day progressed I continually kept hitting rocks, not as bad as the first one but nonetheless I was hitting them.

After the fourth or fifth rock, my partner says “Hey, can’t you see the rocks”? I said, “No, the water is too stained”. He asks, “Do you have your polarized glasses on”? I said “Yes, Duh”.

The conversation continues for about 5 more minute with “him” pointing out the rocks he can see with his glasses but with mine, I don’t see anything. That’s the reason for hitting so many rocks.

Come to find out in my hast of getting ready, I grabbed my weed waking glasses and not my fishing glasses. Ooooppsss. That when I had to listen to “his” speech about polarized glasses for the next 15 minutes which seemed endless. I thought I had my wife on the boat.. Damn it sucked.

Lesson learned.
Oh, yeah. The water was stained, about 2 -3” of clarity, temp was 61deg, lite wind. We had a few hits with no hook ups. We did find the deep hole (25 FOW) where the fish were hiding out but it was time for us to head out. Now we know where to go next time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimcoat,

Aren't you glad that you didn't go with me Monday?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to remain silent to preserve my identity but your wife huh!?? I should have blasted you some more for your crappy driving! Seemed like every rock that could be hit you ran into period! I swear I was starting to hear the somber music from the Titanic movie as they were going down in my head. You also left out the part about where I said "How much did you pay for those polarized glasses?", which you replied $5.00. "$5.00!@%#, They ain't polarized" You also neglected to tell our forum brothers that I flew soooo far that when I landed the handle on my reel got bent! So forum brothers, the moral of this story is if you go fishing with a fishing buddy just make sure Stevie Wonder isn't driving! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work guys....funny stuff.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh this morning. And yes, Ron, I'm glad I didn't go with you. I would taken over the controls, and would have made you sit in the back of the boat and smell my processed stir fry from the night before. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Jim, I hope Ron at least bought you lunch and some beers for beatin up your reel! Twisted Evil

I agree good polarized glasses are a must, not those $5 cheap junks from CVS. I have a set of $300 prescription Varnet's (?spelling), wouldn't leave home without them!

You only get 1 set of eye's guys, you better protect them when your on the water. The sun can do major damage over the years of sun reflecting off the water. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I was being nice when I said Wife.. I was thinking B*tch.

I have better glasses on order..

I have no problem spending money on my gear, ask the wife.. $300+ for a rod and reel is nothing for me to drop.

I just grabbed the wrong darn glasses. SORRY!! Embarassed

You wussy, what's a few rocks...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to own a pair of cost del mars but I know I would either loose them or break them.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:

Jim, I hope Ron at least bought you lunch and some beers for beatin up your reel! Twisted Evil

I agree good polarized glasses are a must, not those $5 cheap junks from CVS. I have a set of $300 prescription Varnet's (?spelling), wouldn't leave home without them!

You only get 1 set of eye's guys, you better protect them when your on the water. The sun can do major damage over the years of sun reflecting off the water. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Gary, I said the same exact thing to Ron during my so called "15 minute speech" You only get one set of eyes, you better make damn sure you protect them the best you can especially on the water where the UV glare can be bad. I have $400 Maui Jims so you and I think alike. Use to use regular Ray Bans but when I finally tried on a pair of real polarized glasses it was like night and day as far as visibilty. When he told me he paid $5.00 for his glasses I almost laughed in his face but held back because he probably would have thrown me overboard considering he is bigger than I am. Very Happy As for the lunch, no he did not offere because he was too busy drying the tears from laughing so hard. Funny thing is we see no problem paying thousands for fishing gear yet most fisherman skimp when it comes to the most important tool you'll ever use.....your eyes!
Tight lines guys.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:

You wussy, what's a few rocks...

One rock is one too many when it's in your head. At the expense of my bent reel handle I hope you learned a lesson! Wink Very Happy
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See...

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

I'll see if I can find a Zebco handle for that 1952 reel.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah,

Jim forgot to mention that once we hit the ramp. Poof!!! He was GONE.

He had to get to the office, I said "Hey let me take you to Ruth Chris for lunch". But when I turned around all I seen was dust.

It's not like I didn't try...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinkin Dunkin Donuts or Dougies by the age of the reel. I assumed he had decent equiptment, but it sounds like he spent all his money on Sunglasses. Shocked

But I guess you can catch bass with anything, if you can stay in the boat. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Too bad you didn't catch that scene on video, it must have been good! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lies, lies, lies!!!! Gary do not listen to a word he says. My equipment is mid to top of the line Shimanos and Daiwas. HE is the one who uses the Zebco stuff. Didn't he ever tell you about his Spiderman spincast reel setup that he uses for most of his fishing. He figures "real" bass fisheman use baitcasters but he always gets birdsnest in his so his spincast set-up is as close to a baitcaster that he's gonna get. He has a problem matching up rod/reel set-ups to the certain fishing techniques that I am trying to teach him. I try and tell him but he never listens. And he wonders why he's not catching them like me when he uses rods with tip action so limber he scratches his ass with it on the back swing every time he casts, AND that's his jig/pig rod! The man needs help! Not only is he a bad boat driver and hooksets like a pregnant woman but the man is also a chronic liar! I don't recall no invite to Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Case closed!
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm dougies:p

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: