CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Polarized Glasses Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratos17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Polarized Glasses Reply with quote

I need to replace my glasses this year. What are you guys using
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear $300 prescription Ray Ban's, UV and UBV protection.

Keep in mind with eye protection, you get what you pay for usually. Don't settle for the $10 CVS so called UV protected sunglasses, your eye's will pay the price in the long run. Spend some money to protect those baby blue's, you only get one set of eye's.

As much time as some of us spend on the water, you need to protect your eye's from the extremely harmfull rays of the sun reflecting off the water. I think good eye protection is more important than wearing a good sunscreen, skin cancer is usually removed with little side effects. If you trash your eye's, there is no replacement or cutting out the bad part.

Think of it as life insurance for your eye's.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally use Oakley's Half Jackets because they make a ton of different colored (polarized) lenses that you can easily switch out in case of a scratch of change in preference. Price isn't too bad on them ($160) to get the frames and one set of lenses and the replacement lenses are reasonable.
djmon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly until i can get some prescription ones like slimecoat and with my bad luck with miss placing glasses i just use walmart renegade or berkely brands currently..... prices range from 9 bucks to 20.... dicks has some that are in the 40 range but i didnt find any that i liked... the ones ive used seem to work fine

once again this is just a stepping stone.... i do agree with slimecoat that if you can get them then get a good pair and protect your eyes
Stratos17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya. You cant buy another set of eyes. I have a pair of Bolle's I bought from Dick's about three years ago. They're pretty beat up. I just wanted some ideas on what works best, not only for protection but the visual as well. Thanks for the input
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straos17, If you dont have prescription glasses your options are very wide,with styles and colors, make sure your glasses are 100% UV protection,as for djmon check out the cocoons thats what I use and love them.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perscription lenses is probably what killed slimecoat. I know perscription lenses are not cheap.

However, if you are paying 300$ for a pair of non perscription sunglasses you are either a lable lover or rich. There are pleanty of good polorized glasses out there for less than 100$. I have a pair of bolle's that I bought 5 years ago that work great and I only paid 65$.

I work with a guy that spent 300+ on Costal Del Mar's. He had them for a week before his 2 year old knocked them off his face and they fell to the ground breaking the frame and lenses.

If you have the money and want buy really expensive glasses go for it but keep in mind that the lenses scratch just as easy as 5$ sunglasses, so you better take care of them.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure Bass addict, I would never pay $300 for sun glasses, but my poor eyesight leaves me with fewer options than others. I'm sure I wouldn't spend more than $150 if I didn't have poor eyesight. I am also very carefull with them, they never leave my truck visor, unless I'm on the water with them. That way there is less of a chance of them getting stepped on, dropped, or scratched by my kids or other factors. I treat them like a costly tool that I don't want to have to replace, until my eyesight changes and need a stronger prescription.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solar bat sensor there the best bang for the buck $79.99 i use to use costa del mar i like solar bat better in yellow & amber lens. Smile
Stratos17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to get a pair of those Soar Bat Sensors. They look pretty good a have good reviews. Great price too. Thanks for the hook up NX
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good move buddy, u will love them Shocked
Tmac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to use the Walmart specials until a friend told me to try his costa del mars I put them on and saw a whole new world under the water it took out all the glare on the water not some all,they are very expensive so be careful
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tmac wrote:
I use to use the Walmart specials until a friend told me to try his costa del mars I put them on and saw a whole new world under the water it took out all the glare on the water not some all,they are very expensive so be careful

Costa have a very long total replacement garuntee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solar Bats are awesome! I just bought a pair a few weeks ago! They rock!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
For sure Bass addict, I would never pay $300 for sun glasses, but my poor eyesight leaves me with fewer options than others. I'm sure I wouldn't spend more than $150 if I didn't have poor eyesight. I am also very carefull with them, they never leave my truck visor, unless I'm on the water with them. That way there is less of a chance of them getting stepped on, dropped, or scratched by my kids or other factors. I treat them like a costly tool that I don't want to have to replace, until my eyesight changes and need a stronger prescription.

Ditto that,..Rx-sunglasses, especially those with a name brand are incredibly expensive!! $300 give or take,.. seems to be the going price for everyone i know that has them! If you can keep from destroying your frames you can go through several new-prescription lense swaps over the years and save a little money. I think my last lenses were "just" around $200,...
I got some transition ones this time around that go from a light yellow-amber to pretty dark depending on how strong the sun is, so I can wear them in all kinds of weather! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: