CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Pollack at Eastmans 11-25-07 (pics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Pollack at Eastmans 11-25-07 (pics) Reply with quote

My eldest son and I decided to take a shot at some Pollack fishing up North. We hoped on the truck at 1am and 3h and 10 minutes later we pulled in the empty parking lot of Eastman’s fleet in New Hampshire.

Sunrise leaving port

A short 2 hours boat ride took us to Pollack heaven, and in haven we here, the captain found the fish and set the hook 180 deep. With shining 14oz diamond jigs w/ a pink skirt on the treble hooks at the end of our lines, it took no time for the action to start. It wasn’t a “Pollack committing suicide day” so for the most part if you worked your jigs you had fish on. We caught some fish bellow the 10 lbs mark, with most of them averaging 15 lbs with a couple bruisers and a 26 pounder caught by my boy.

Two 154 qt coolers, one stuffed to the gills with whole Pollack and the other 1/3 full the Captain decided to make a move, that was a good thing...

...first, I need a break and second, so did the mates… those poor guys must’ve acquire a nice dose of Pollack carpal tunnel syndrome by now.

At any rate, this second spot only produced a few fish, we boated 6 nice ones, and lost some drag pullers at mid water.

The warmer afternoon temperatures provided a pleasant upper deck ride home admiring the spectacular show of thousands of the seagulls following the boat.

A truly unforgettable trip!

If you can handle over a hundred pounds of Pollack fillet, go out and brave the cold weather, the time is now. Eastmans Fleet runs a great operation! Thumbs Up

Last edited by bassarama on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
stripervitis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trip, should've gone. Can't wait for the pics.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics!!! nice job!!! congrats!

Just one more cast...
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. on the nice trip. Cool Thanks for the report and pics.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
bassarama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Yeah bud you should've gone, you missed a great day out there. One the other hand, what would you do with 100 + pounds of fillet? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: