CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Post Frontal 9/6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Post Frontal 9/6 Reply with quote

Friday I headed back over to the funeral home and Twin Brooks and also decided to check out the conditions at the ice out pond. First stop was the ice out pond at 12:50pm.

Tried throwing a variety of topwaters and a Mepps Aglia Dressed #1 but only had 2 hits on the topwaters. Water level was very low making the marshy mud in one of the coves easy to walk on.

Next was the funeral home. I tried playing with a variety of colors but couldn't get any bass to hit. Decided to try and catch a small bluegill and liveline it, which resulted in a 15.5" 2 pound 10 ounce largemouth.

Couldn't fish the area where the lunkers were hanging out anymore due to a wake starting on that side. That meant go to Twin Brooks.

First stop was near the bridge at the main pond. Other than bluegills and redbreasts I saw a few bass and a pickerel. The pick would come and go and the bass were small. Tried throwing an X-Rap XR-6 for the pickerel but it just followed. Tried playing with a Texas rigged 4" pumpkinseed Berkley Power Worm but didn't find any bass interested. Tried to catch a bluegill or redbreast to liveline but couldn't get any to take the hook on weightless soft plastics.

Once it was after 5pm it was topwater time. Got an explosion on a custom made firetiger woodchopper and caught a 13" 1.5 pounder on a Jitterbug.

Hit the road at 6:30pm
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid to open this post until I remembered that you usually don't post photos, Michael. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I was afraid to open this post until I remembered that you usually don't post photos, Michael. Laughing

I was lost until somebody told me what you meant Embarassed

Never heard of that term.

In fishing terms, I was fishing the day after a cold front moved through.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

HaHaHa ROTFLMAO!! Took me a minute to get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: