CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: powers lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjskeeter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: powers lake Reply with quote

does anybody fish this lake?how do you like it?can i run my big motor without having to worry about ct potatos?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its VERY tough...sometimes it can be ok but more often than not its hard. Not too much to worry about but there are a TON of boulders in the shallows so if you stay 50 ft from shore you should be fine.

My advice since your looking in the area is to go to Rogers or Pattagansett...both are better choices than Powers IMO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dusty said,..it can be tough fishing but there are some pretty decent sized fish in there! Depending on when you're going,..it might still be a better choice than Pattaganset or Rogers just because of the speed limit there (6mph = no jetskis or water skiers Very Happy )!!

The water is clear enough so that seeing the boulders is no problem,..but hit it on an overcast day if you can because the fish are very spooky when the sun shines! Wink

Also in that neighborhood is Gorton's Pond which is smaller, but usually some pretty good fishing (including size-wise) if you don't mind the shallow water! It is also a speed limit restricted lake! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: