CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Pre spawn tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Pre spawn tips Reply with quote

I know there are a lot of variables that can affect when bass go into spawn mode but what are some tips to take advantage of hungry pre spawing bass. Water temps? Time of year? Things to look for? Any tips would be appreciated.

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50+ degree water.

If you hit 1 fish, pummel the area. I was out today, hit fish like crazy on a crankbait on one strip of weeds- no size. We were jigging trees, first 3 were vacant., 4th had 3 bass on it and a 4th 10 feet away. All the bass in this area were 2.5-3.5lbs

If I gave up on the tree after fish 1, we wouldnt of caught the other 2.

Force yourself to fish a jig justin! Try a Strike king bitsy flip in black and blue 1/4oz, with a black zoom swimming chunk. I learned with this jig and I caught TONS of bass. The size wasnt as good as the jig im using now but it was a great confidence booster. Hit crystal lake in middlefield, one of the best jig lakes in the state- many 50+ bass days (90percent small 1.5's)

keep up with the chatterbait- toss a jig/chatterbait/senko to ANYTHING- fish hold on stupid cover this time of year. A 1/2in think 2 foot long branch can hold a 6lber.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: