CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: PRICES GOING UP! -> What are you doing to SAVE!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: PRICES GOING UP! -> What are you doing to SAVE! Reply with quote

Hi All!

Well prices on all consumer goods are really going to rise steeply due to the high fuel prices!

Have been doing a lot of reading on what many people are doing to save where they can, especially food, clothing (Kids), autos, utilities, heating, etc., etc. Exclamation

One thing I've already done is getting my vegetable garden tilled and ready to plant cool Wx veggies.....Then warm Wx veggies.

Looks like I'll be doing some canning this year! + Some dehydrating of fruits and other things!
Also looking for a small freezer to fresh freeze meats, fish, fruits and veggies.

Since my family were butchers and owned a beefhouse -> I learned how to butcher as a teenager.
Handy skill to have as I know how to buy bulk pieces of meat/poultry and break it down to my own personal preference.

Heating oil for next winter is my big concern Exclamation
I'll be monitoring prices closely to get the lowest price I can find over the summer ........I HOPE Exclamation

I have a small stream behind my house that runs well all year long and have been thinking for quite some time of putting in a micro-hydro unit to generate my own electricity. There are some grants I'm looking into that would pay for such a project.

Would like to hear from others on how you plan to save on just about anything and everything Question

SeaDog1
korrupt3dazn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually using fishing as a way to save money. I use to go out all the time and drive everywhere...Now I just go fishing. So far it has saved me hundreds. Smile Win Win for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: