CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Pride & Satisfaction ?!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Pride & Satisfaction ?!!! Reply with quote

Alright my buddy and I have been talking about this for about a week id like to hear what u guys think !? Don't get me wrong both ways work but I just don't get the same level of Pride and satisfaction From catching a fish using live bait over artificial lures! It's definitly fun once in awhile to go out and just sit and wait with live bait !! Atleast you normally Get a lot of fish in a day !! But u never know what kind of fish you'll get and most the time it's sunnys! And when I do get one I don't feel like it was me who got it with my wit and skill !! More like just the dangling moving living thing that I put on my hook ! So I guess what I'm asking is if u guys think being able to know when to pick up the right lure and put it in the right place at the right time of day and year to produce specific desired species of fish Makes you a better fisherman than someone who just throws something in the water to do all the real "work" for you! Do u think it's more rewarding to catch lots of undesirable fish on live bait or a couple of targeted species using skill and knowledge ? You might get numbers with live bait but inconsistent keepers and species!!! My boy thinks hes a better fisherman than me simply because he catches higher numbers of fish! But to me a sunfish shouldn't count when Im getting bass !!!So let me know what u guys think !!Thanks for your responses !! Not trying to rag on anyones style of fishing but My boy and I have been on this subject all week So bring on the haters!! Again thanks guys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree that targeting fish witn artificials is way more satisfactory!!!!!! That being said I have a bad back so there are a lot of times Ill throw bait to let my back relax after a long week like chunks for bluefish or even on the weekend for ttout but typocally even then Ill break it up with lures. Luckily where I typically troug Fish there arent any sunnies, just trout and anx smallmouth bass.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
hila2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm an artificial kinda guy for sure. You're 100% right about the satisfaction thing for sure. But there's nothing wrong at all with a little chilling out once and while with some crawlers and a bobber, and see what you can see. We do it all the time when we're just hanging out on our shoreline in the lawn chairs getting some air and sun.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also an artificial. I enjoy getting the feeling of the fish hitting with the rod in your hand. You also get to experiment to see what they're actually looking for.

The only time I use live or dead bait is when trout aren't hitting artificials and I'm going for certain fish, such as catfish and suckers.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost always use artificial for the same reasons you mentioned. I also fish with my Son and he uses worms most of the time and often times catches more fish than I do. He thinks the same way as your Son that he is a better fisherman because he caught more fish. The difference is I'm glad he feels he's better than I am. It means he's having fun and I can always use another fishing buddy. I want him to love fishing like I do. Eventually I'm guessing he will feel the same way about artificial lures as I do. Let your Son think he's better than you and have fun out there fishing with him Very Happy
jjbassfishn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artificials work day in and day out for me. Soft plastics are hard to beat. But remember its not what you use, It's how you use it!

I sat next to this fella, He couldn't let the bait sit for more than a second or 2. I was dead stickin plastic. Want to guess who was catchin them?

Can't catch em sittin on the sofa! Wink
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys atleast I know I'm not the only one who feels this way ! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a personal choice for sure. Although I prefer artificial lures, I don't begrudge bait chuckers their live bait. For some species of fish, live bait is absolutely necessary. To each his or her own.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy using artificials but sometimes the live bait is the only thing to break the skunk. I think that people who fish for bass will chose artificials over live bait because almost every lure is made for bass. Im in the middle on this one but i bet if this was posted in the winter then many people would be on the live bait side. Good topic to talk about though!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthEastFisherman wrote:
I enjoy using artificials but sometimes the live bait is the only thing to break the skunk. I think that people who fish for bass will chose artificials over live bait because almost every lure is made for bass. Im in the middle on this one but i bet if this was posted in the winter then many people would be on the live bait side. Good topic to talk about though!

Good point about the winter. Some people rather sit and wait for a fish to take the live bait. Some others, like me, rather move around with an artificial for jigging and try to find the fish.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent use live bait for years unless im fishing the sound . I got tiered of the money it cost me paying for minnows that where 1/2 dead before I even hit the water or the jacked up prices of worms from local dealers . So I turned that expence into munchies and gas I even get a lure from time to time because I saved my pennys. But then again I am a cheap FKer when it come to spending money when I can find a way around it so ive been told
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: