CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: public boat launches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: public boat launches Reply with quote

Looking for a place to launch my boat in CT without a permit for saltwater fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm in the Bridgeport area.
Stripper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Haven launch is free after Labor Day and Guilford is $6 per day if you don't mind driving a little bit. A lot of launches don't charge after certain dates if you look them up it will usually say it. DEP is the one to watch for if you don't have a fishing license though most of the people checking at ramps only check for a launch sticker. Hope this helps
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a map of all of the state boat launches:

http://www.depdata.ct.gov/maps/boating/boatingmap.htm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to launch at the Milford (Devon) ramp for years. It's been closed about 6 or 7 years now and your map says closed until 2017. Totally ridiculous how long they have been working over there.
Csteven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripper Hunter wrote:
West Haven launch is free after Labor Day and Guilford is $6 per day if you don't mind driving a little bit. A lot of launches don't charge after certain dates if you look them up it will usually say it. DEP is the one to watch for if you don't have a fishing license though most of the people checking at ramps only check for a launch sticker. Hope this helps

Do the parks on the Sound stop charging entry fees after Labor Day? I've checked the shore access site and town sites and can't get clear answers. Looking for kayak launches directly into the Sound if possible.
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the parks on the Sound stop charging entry fees after Labor Day? I've checked the shore access site and town sites and can't get clear answers. Looking for kayak launches directly into the Sound if possible.

It varies from town to town. Lots of places require resident passes into October and some it's year round. Rough rule of thumb…further east = better access. Many that lift permit or fee requirements will still lock up at night though. Sunset at some places and specific times at others. Places that are primarily marinas, but offer access to beaches tend to continue permit only access. They keep guards on duty until the boats are out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the info Sea Duck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: