CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Quabbin Reservoir 8/25 Best fishery in the state
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Quabbin Reservoir 8/25 Best fishery in the state Reply with quote

Went out to Quabbin with my buddy and son today and had a great time out on the water, rented a boat for $40 bucks and was on the water about 9am, within the first 15 minutes my brother from church(Chris) caught his first bass.

He caught many more bass afterwards but not too many over a lb. I was struggling for the first half an hour 45 minutes when I hooked into my PB this year which I believe to be around 3 or so lbs give or take, but Chris said it was probably close to four, I had an old scale that didn't work for anything, Its really time to get a digital.

I didn't care what size it was I was just happy to land a fish. At that time we also saw a beautiful bald eagle...but didnt get a picture of it.

We moved into a shallower weed bed and I managed to get 4 nice size pickeral in a row, the longest being about 22 inches and fat, but I only got the picture of a 20incher that was a little and skinnier, but looked like something took a nice bite out its back, or maybe an eagle had tried to grab it.

We ended up putting about 15-16 fishes in the boat, some really decent size. Not as much smallmouth bass as I hoped, but all together a wonderful day.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I agree with Chris. Nice fish!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish!
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the fish was caught o a weedless yamamoto charteuse/lime green, you can see it near the background. First time using that color, will definitely use again, caught most pickeral on a 6inch black and blue flake senko

~Tony~
hila2006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, we're from Mass originally, been to the Q about a half million times. Haven't been since the new boating regulations took effect, used to take our boat for free. Don't quite agree with the "best fishery in Mass" thing, but it's a great place to go for sure. Hit some pretty sweet places in my 40+ years of being a Masshole.
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't quite agree with the "best fishery in Mass" thing, but it's a great place to go for sure

I should say its one of the best places in the state, especially in western and Central Mass. What places would you consider better if you don't mind me asking, also what part of the state where you from?

~Tony~
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From north central, North Ashburnham to be exact. I personally would rather go to Webster Lake any day, but that's opinion only. I think for detail fishing (stumps,docks,weedlines etc) Webster is more enjoyable. But also much busier, so if your looking for a peaceful day of good fishing there is nowhere better than the Q. There lot's of good lakes in that area, depending on what you're after. The lakes in the Brookfields are very productive, Quabog Pond, Lake Lashuay, Wickabog, and the Quabog river is good for bass and pike, and pickerel. Anyways, good day out for you guys. Which gate did you go out of? We usually went out of 31.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went out of Gate 43 and fished on the main body, I usually go to gate 43 and fish the pond, but the last trip we did in july we did pretty good on the main body so we decided to try it again.

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: