CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Quaddick 5/25
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therieldeal

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Quaddick 5/25 Reply with quote

Went out on Quaddick for a couple hours last night, again with my girlfriend’s father in his 12’ johnboat. One of these days I’ll go out alone in my little 10 footer, but I’ll choose good company and a more stable boat any day!

Anyway, he carries the boat on rack in his truck so we can pretty much drop it in anywhere. We put in near the bridge on Baker Rd. and headed into the less-pressured north end of the lake. Right now the water seems a bit low, you *might* even be able to sneak a bass boat under the bridge, but normally you’d be hard pressed to get anything through there. Rowed north a ways and then started drifting along the western shore, the wind was pushing us north at a perfect pace. I caught three good sized pickerel in quick succession, then nothing for a while. As we headed further north there were more and more lily pads and the water was as shallow as ~1-2’ at times. Finally, a bass – a solid 3 pounder. A few minutes later I hooked into another… my new PB at 4 pounds. After I released the fish we floated over the area where the strike took place – looked like I dragged my lure right over a bed. I suppose that will do it…

All fish were caught on a weightless texas rigged yum dinger, green with red flake (forget the actual name of the color). Unfortunately my girlfriend’s dad got skunked AGAIN… he didn’t have much for weedless lures and kept getting snagged, so I gave him a texas rigged dinger after a couple pickerel. I’m starting to feel bad at this point, in our two trips out I’ve landed 8 fish and had a few more on… he hasn’t even had one on Sad. Any suggestions??
atkins

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the spring of pickerel
watermelon redflake or its now called cajun flash, in regard to dinger color.

Try using a jig head for wacky, I never have the patience to wait for the wieghtless to sink. I get most of my strikes right after is lands.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I prefer Dos Equis, I mean, Yamasenkos. They fall faster than other soft stickbaits, like Yum Dingers. Stay thirsty, my friends. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and get your girlfriend's father this lure:

It's a Mepps Musky Killer.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
That's why I prefer Dos Equis, I mean, Yamasenkos. They fall faster than other soft stickbaits, like Yum Dingers. Stay thirsty, my friends. Very Happy

Hey Phil!

Yes! Dos Equis - Dos Equis Amber - Negra Modelo ! Very Happy

SeaDog1
therieldeal

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So some weedless jig heads, a pack of real Senko’s, and a Musky killer eh? I’ll give it a try – hoping to get out at least once this holiday weekend Smile. We do have pike in Quaddick, although I’ve yet to see one… would be a blast to catch one I’m sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: