CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Question for the Mods Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Question for the Mods Reply with quote

Hey ,Just a question is every post that is funny were we slag on each going to be nuked?
The people who come to this site are fisherman and hunters.We are use to getting are balls broke because of our leisure time activities.Most of us have thick skin and enjoy a good innocent verbal assault.We have noticed many posts lately have been getting nuked.The thing that makes this site good is we are here to have fun and give some info and props to people catching nice fish and killing harmless animals so we can feast like vikings.

Just my 2 cents but if there is no swearing,politics,religion,malicious verbal assaults or threating violence posts shouldnt be nuked.Guys we are here to tell stories and poke fun at each other.Just a reminder.

Feel free to answer me publicly or privately

Thank You
Mark
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I personally will pull or edit a post is if it is vulgar, threatening, or someone involved request it. I know everyone has a different opinion on whats appropriate and what isn't, but I try to keep the peace and find a happy medium.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you are going to delete a post - a PM should be sent with an explanation. Also, there should be a sticky with the forum rules so they are clearly defined - I am not sure if the rules are posted on this site but I couldn't find them.

Justin
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

We have mentioned on several occasions to keep things clean and you all have been great at doing so. There are the exceptions that we felt the need to remove posts and/or avatars that were not appropriate of a family visited site. We do have a couple of youngins on the site and will continue to moderate with this in mind. I apologize for posts being removed; past, present and future. I do feel that sending an offender a PM is something we can handle as well and will ask the other mods do this if removing something.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM us as well.

-Reggie
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We understand you guys are trying to keep this a family enviorment and do a good job at it. Are these words/phrases acceptable Rolling Eyes ? Oh yeah for those of you members who are into sensorship (not the moderators they are just doing their job) Try douching out your minds next time this is America.

Vagina
Balls
Boobies
Titties
Fun Bags
Bearded Clam
Bald Steamer
Bean Bag
Brown eye
Boneless Brown Trout
Shit Pipe
Milk Sacks
Snapper
Trouser Trout
Spitting Eel
Fun Bags
FLPH (foot long &ussy hair)
Gaping Hole
Snatch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure either but I had to ask Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how they pertain to fishing in New Haven Harbor or anywhere else there is a sewage outflow.

While fishing on the shit pipe I set the hook and snatched a boneless brown trout that had one brown eye it hit on the bald steamer I was using for bait. I had to switch from the bearded clam because they smelled a little fishy. Anyway while fighting the trout it sounded into a gaping hole where it was eaten by a snapper. While battling the snapper a spitting eel wrapped itself in the line breaking me off. The sinker came whipping back at me and hit me in the bean bag causing my trouser trout swell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Any post that is deleted by a mod will have an explanation sent to the poster via PM '

Thanks, that way if you violate the rules at least you know what you are guilty of and can learn from your mistakes. I respect what you guys are doing and think you are doing a great job. I have a toddler so I can appreciate your efforts.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Quint!!!!!!!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
Here is how they pertain to fishing in New Haven Harbor or anywhere else there is a sewage outflow.

While fishing on the shit pipe I set the hook and snatched a boneless brown trout that had one brown eye it hit on the bald steamer I was using for bait. I had to switch from the bearded clam because they smelled a little fishy. Anyway while fighting the trout it sounded into a gaping hole where it was eaten by a snapper. While battling the snapper a spitting eel wrapped itself in the line breaking me off. The sinker came whipping back at me and hit me in the bean bag causing my trouser trout swell.

This could be one of the funniest pieces of literature I have ever read.
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha.!
I wasnt the only 1 born with brains in that family!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint, you definitely need help! Very Happy
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a doctor in the house?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
Is there a doctor in the house?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink

Quint, you are beyond the help of doctors. Try more like "men in white lab coats carrying butterfly nets"! Very Happy
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing .........Butterfly nets......Funny stuff. I'll keep that one stored away for later use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: