CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Questions ? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Questions ? Reply with quote

Hi All!

I have some questions and would like to hear some feed back!

Now that gasoline has hit at or above the $4.00 mark (and most likley to go higher) how does that effect your engaging in going to fishing spots in the state -> and also operating (those of you that have them) boats?

Will your fishing outings be curtailed by the higher gas prices?
Will you be fishing closer to home?
Towing a boat consumes more fuel -> how will that affect your fishing outings?
Since boats use more fuel than trucks or autos to overcome water drag -> How will you be operating your boat to maximize fuel usage?

SeaDog1
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have a boat, but do have a kayak. Even so it is still going to limit how far I go. I may be even more selective about when going farther that I really make sure as best I can that conditons are good and warrant a longer trip.

One thing I was throwing around when talking to wife...

I have never caught a pike or walleye. I was hoping if someone on here was going for pike, and needed a partner and a way to split gas, I would have offered to go, especially if it is someone who can put me on some pike.

Other than that, I am pretty sure I won't be making too many long trips. I will going to NH in May, to visit my uncle and the two of us are going for smallmoth on Winnepausaukee (sp?).

I just saw the gas prices close to me went up over the weekend, to $4.13 a gallon. Yikes!
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great place for smallies. i go to sunapee
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I have neve fished there. Maybe we can check that out too. I am going to be up there for a few days.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is all the ice gone? used to know this site that had live cam on lake.... dont knw what happened to it...
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Could we please get back on the gas subject!

How is everyone going to react to higher gas prices?

SeaDog1
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering i have no car cause these 2 black kids decided to steal me ride than crash it half mile down the rd. I will be getting a lil 4 banger for the summer.... Hopefully still get to where i want to go.. Just got some 55 gallon drums imma fill up 2 with my stop n shop card that magically gets used as store card.... Smile
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi af!

Still looking for ya Bill -> Saw an SUV for $2400 -> Is that something you'd be interested in?

SeaDog1
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once school is over I'll be working my current 30 hour fri-sun job on the weekend then a 24 hour job mon-thurs during the week. The during the week job will be all gas money. End up with 50-60 hour work week, but I get out at 2pm during the week, and since I am noctournal after June 1st it's all good. Still fishing my favorite lakes but not going farther then 30 miles one way from my house.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much we can do. Like I said above hope to split the cost with a boater. Other than that, and staying closer to home I don't see what else we can do. If the gas is already this high now I hate to see what it'll be by Memorial Day weekend.
Passinthru Outdoors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely changing my plans. I'm not going to NJ for turkey and shad this spring. I do still plan to go fishing in PA with my dad but I won't make as many trips down there this summer.

I will plan on staying close to home as much as possible as well. That means cutting back on trips to the Farmy and Salmon. Not happy but I am NOT paying those freaking prices except to get to work and back. If everyone cuts back the price will drop. It always does.

Visit my Blog at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I mentioned NH. It's a chance to see and visit family, but get some fishing in too. Otherwise I could never justify driving that distance.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Batterson for me. Sad

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
BassRican

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will defintely be staying close to home. Looks like Black Pond, Silver Lake, Dooley Pond, Batterson Pond. Not sure if my dad will take the big boat out to the Sound.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mopeds, scooters, street bikes? car pooling theres no need to get your hopes down yet. We all love fishing. reach out and touch someone. lmfao i lost car and people on here are great and been getting to places. Havent met a prick or dick yet on the site.... Everyones nice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: