CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Quick Bite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Quick Bite Reply with quote

Just after 4pm I arrived at the Fayerweather jetty. Conditions were beautiful with a light breeze off the water. Water was nice and calm with those birds out there.

Throughout the evening I worked the outer jetty and areas of the island.

Before sunset I got a small hit by what was either a small schoolie or snarbor on the bone chartreuse XRW-11. Later is when the bite turned on right as the sun hit the horizon. Was throwing the SP-9 and got an explosion setting the hook and landing a 17" schoolie. Saw some swirls and splashing in the shallows right near me so lightly casted and landed a 15" schoolie. After that I got no more hits or swirls no matter where I worked the Skitter Pop. The bite lasted for no more than 10 minutes this time.

This time birds were working by 2A, St Mary's, and Jennings more than where I've been seeing them lately.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you call 2 small schoolies "the bite turning on"? Mando we have different ideas if what "the bite turning on" means!!! LOL

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfinder wrote:
So you call 2 small schoolies "the bite turning on"? Mando we have different ideas if what "the bite turning on" means!!! LOL

I'm nothing like those Montauk and 1 am Housy guys Wink

I leave the big fish for them to catch as I enjoy getting into a bite, even if it were to be sea robins on a FLR-10 with 8 pound braid when there's no blues or stripers hitting.

I need to hit Jersey someday for those blues as I forget about a 43" striper. I WANT MY BLUES!!!!!

BTW- They started hitting but for not too long. The bite started to turn on but didn't last long. Understand?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: