CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Quonni- gotta love it
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Quonni- gotta love it Reply with quote

Laughing Anthony*(zorro)* called me up and convinced me to head out today due to the cloud cover- Ran and got my boat all set and waited for him to get home.

Got to the lake pretty much smack dab in the middle of the day. I hit a solid 3+ RIGHT away on an inside weedline in 4 fow.

Pick up a 3+ not 10 minutes later on a mattlures perch.

We struggle through a bunch of spots (per usual at this place) including deep water dropshotting. Come down past the shallow end and I get slurped by a solid 2 while chatting with ant and jay. 2 casts later and I get SLAMMED 15 feet from the boat and somehow missed a hookset- fish destroyed the bait. Ant loses a solid fish on the dropshot a few seconds before this.

Fish down towards the shallow flat in the back and get hit again but only a heavy 1. We fish back towards the shallow straddle across the lake and split up- ant taking 1 route and my boat going the other side- I hit a fish and yank him up- not even 12inches.... I look over to see anthony landing a SLOB. This fish later went 5 5. 22inch fish with not alotta girth but still a biggun. I run over to his spot and have a HUGE follower that turned away form the bait boatside- thats all I needed to toss on some smelly jelly. Few casts later and the same thing happens.

Head back to the launch and I miss a solid hit on the way in, also in 4 fow. Every hit was in 3-5fow today- gotta love cloud cover on quonni.

16pound and change bag- only wieghed the biggun (rest stould in the livewell) Off the water by 4.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap - nice work kid!

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Nick & Anthony! Gotta love that place when it's "on" like that! Wink
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Quonni Nick & Anthony. Nice 5lber! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: