CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Race Rock 6/24 @4:30PM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Race Rock 6/24 @4:30PM Reply with quote

Went to the race on 6/24 @ 4:30PM - outgoing tide. The weather was beautiful. We trolled an umbrella rig. First pass 1 32" striper which we kept. After that, every pass we caught either 2 at a time or 3 at a time on the umbrella. We ended up catching at least 20 stripers. I also caught 2 blues on top with a atom popper blue/white. All of the stripers were between 26 - 32". We kept 2 of them and they where tasty.

I have never seen so many birds - the race was full with life. After about an hour and 45 minutes, we didn't even want to catch anymore so we left. The stripers were all really fat and heavy for their length.

I was on basstitches boat which is a gorgeous 40' Bertrum. I am use to hitting the race on a small center counsel - the Bertrum was definitely a nice change. Nothing better than schooling stripers on a nice day. Fun times.

Justin
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, i was gunna say i hope you didnt do all that nice work on your little row boat!! hah Sounds like an awesome time, pics next time?
toptech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Work....God I miss fishing the race!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: