CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Rain and Fishing? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Rain and Fishing? Reply with quote

Hi All!

Ok! We've had a lot of storms + rain the last few days + a waxing moon (full moon phase).

I got out for only 2 evenings fishing and 2 days fly/spin fishing over the last 7 days and have noticed that my fishing has been either super (at night) or slowed down to a crawl (day time).

Lot of factors can cause this!

Water levels
Water temp.
Water Ph levels (acid rain factor possible)
Too much run-off.
Murky water
Barometric pressure
Termocline fluctuations
Too much feed in the water
Moon phase
Cloudy/Sunny Wx
etc.

What have you guys noticed the last few days?

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow fishing today for sure...at least for me.
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on what you are fishing for. The bass bite on two likes i have fished the past two weekends seems to be non-exsistent. Call it post spwan or what you will. Not every bass got the memo to not bite. Three guys fished hard for 4 hours and got nada! that is a tough bite right there.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass bite is tough after a heavy rain. I still haven't figured out where the big ones go. A lot of the little ones seem to hold very tight to cover.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

Just talked to Derek about the fishing.

Think I'll get some of those pool Ph test strips and start taking readings, especially before and after rain storms.

I'm suspecting that the Ph level is the primary villain that is causing some fish to go on the bite or turn off !

Worth checking !

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Stephen! We actually found more than a dozen largemouth bass today, but they were all small, except for Mark's 17 inch, two pound, 11 ouncer. I think that he might have also landed another 17 incher that weighed less. I think that Derek's second one was 15 inches long and weighed one pound, 11 ounces. I landed eight, but the biggest was only 14 inches long and weighed one pound, seven ounces.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil !

Well -> sounds like you guys had a relatively decent day !

Question though Question -> What lb. test line did you catch those little Bass on ? Laughing

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me it just was a suck weekend for fishing due to the 20degree drop in temp and recent rains. throw in some post spawn conditions and you have the makings of a crap day.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, hoppy, the water temperature was a lot colder than I expected. The recent rains have really messed things up.

Stephen, I have 50 pound braid on my wacky rig. I have 50 pound braid with a four foot length of 10 pound fluoro leader on my drop shot rig.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil !

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Poor little Bass have No chance with that kind of heavy gear Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

ME ! -> I'm using 4 lb. test Fireline Crystal on a 5 ft. Zebco Micro-light rod + ML reel -> fishing size No. 10 or 8 red Gamakatsu Octopus hook, baited with 1 kernel of corn and 1-2 spikes (maggots) -> 30-40 ft. down for my "Silver Bullet Psycho Fish about 12-14 inches" -> that will double my rod over when hooked -> rocket to the surface like an ICBM, Zig-Zag wildly, Tail walk like a Tarpon, Junp 3-5 feet into the air -> some having jumped over my boat -> back over my boat -> and some having hit me in the head or shoulder and fall into the boat flopping about wildly.
Have even had some rocket to the surface before I could get 1 crank on the reel Exclamation

NOW THAT's FUN and ADDICTIVE Exclamation Very Happy Thumbs Up
Plus they're "DAM GOOD to eat or wood smoke." Thumbs Up -> YUMMMMM Exclamation

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy Stephan, you're full of yourself. Why do you think that what you do is any better than what I do? I'd be more impressed if you used rope to catch fish than four pound test line. I collect a lot of broken off fishing line when I fish and none of it is ever heavy braid.

Knock yourself out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

Easy there big guy! Razz

I'm teasing you ! -> and trying to get you to come out with me one night ( as I promised you) to try your hand at UL fishing.
Besides -> You like to eat trout and the salmon are delicious!

Already got Derek lined up to go with me one night very soon !

As soon as the evening Wx gets better -> We'll go out Exclamation Thumbs Up

Best regards,
SeaDog1 Mr. Green
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen
Quote:
I'm just saying we don't have to lower ourselves or this forum to the BS level that other Ct. fishing forums do

While I enjoy reading about how you and others like to fish, I really don't enjoy reading self-aggrandizing BS. I don't always agree with others, but I don't make a habit of thinking that they're always wrong and I'm always right like you do. For example, while I still enjoy the challenge of fishing with only artificial lures, slow fishing days like the ones I've had lately sometimes make me wish that I had some nightcrawlers or shiners with me. Don't get me wrong; while fishing with bait might not be for me, I don't begrudge others who enjoy it. To each, his or her own.

Intentions notwithstanding, your post was BS, just like any "Look at me! Look at me! I caught this fish, but won't tell you where or how" post. It was not funny and not appreciated.

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I couldn't resist trying my hand at some fish related movie making. If anyone is offended by this I will gladly remove it...it wasn't meant to offend...just to be funny. Hope you get a little laugh out of it Very Happy

Link
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DD Exclamation

OMG Exclamation

You made me laugh so hard -> I got a stomach cramp ! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

THAT -> WAS GREAT Exclamation Thumbs Up -> You'll have to teach me how you did that !

DD -> Now you have a good sense of humor, because that was FUNNY Exclamation

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: