CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Recent Days
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Recent Days Reply with quote

Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday I hit Seaside. Tides had changed too much to be at the honey hole. Water temps have been ranging from 73 to 75.

Sunday was when small tailors no bigger than 2 pounds were thick and active out by the lighthouse. Lures working were spoons and small swimmers. I landed 7 with many coming off. Topwater was only working if the fish were very active. The topwater working was a Bone Chartreuse XRW-13. Pencil popped with it as I had just the rear hook on.

Tuesday was very slow for everybody. I beat the skunk with a small blue on a Chrome FLR-10.

Thursday was when the low tide was too high to be on the honey hole. Had 2 explosions on a custom wood 1.3oz sinking popper that I pencil popped with farter out. Later was when the small tailors no bigger than 3 pounds were busting peanut bunker and silversides on the western side of the Fayerweather jetty. I landed 2 with a Chrome FLR-10. A thunderstorm moved through bringing torrential rains followed by gusty west winds before becoming light. To end the evening I threw a 4" Storm Twitch Stick from the jetty, which got me into a searobin fest, including a dinky striper. 1 of the searobins was a new personal worst.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: