CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: river navigsation north of hartford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: river navigsation north of hartford Reply with quote

I would not suggest that you go north of the farmington unless you have a jet boat,especially now with near record low river heights. Just north of farmington river confluence there is a rock wall that goes all the way across the river..not good many lower untis have succumbd to it...the channel pretty much ends just north of 291 bridge
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smallie fishin is great there right now, for those who dare, thats why you go up there with a jet ski and GPS a route Laughing then find the deeper pools and go to town, it is nasty up there right now, those who have a small aluminum with a gas motor and oars could have a great time!! you might have to get out and pull your boat over rocks, but I think it could be worth it, Havnt been up there in a month but your right Johnny, Im sure by now it is extremely shallow and DANGEROUSLY rocky!! But come to think of it, IT ALWAYS IS Wink
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

Did some research!
I remebered that there is this fellow that does his own independent surveys of the Ct. River north of Hartford.

Here's his web site.
www.ctrivermaps.com

Though not for navigational purposes -> The maps are professionally done and quite in depth in information and great for fishing and other water activities.

SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil and I just hit the area around the Farmington today and there definitely are some nice smallies and yes the water is very shallow in some spots. Even grounded my inflatable kayak in a few spots. Unfortunately I didn't get into the smallies until about a half hour before it was time for me to leave and I only ended up landing 1. Phil should have a report up later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: