CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: rod poll: spilt grip vs regular
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: rod poll: spilt grip vs regular Reply with quote

for you guys using drop shot and flippin rods for example how much does a split grip change the feeling for you/ or does it even change the feeling..................
shortypowers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a Shimano Crucial DS rod late last year but only got to use it a few times, so I can't comment too much on feel yet, but I think the main purpose of the split grip is to to reduce the weight of the rod.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like shorty said,..the only thing i really notice is that they're a bit lighter in weight and they look a little cooler! I definitely wouldn't consider it as something that would make me choose one rod over another though!

It is a fairly simple modification that you can make to your rods though (especially if you're looking for something to do with this winter... Mad ). There was a discussion about it on another forum that I frequent,...I'll see if i can dig up a link to it in case you want to give it a try! Wink
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link describing the initial process:
http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=024404#000000

And here is a link showing the almost finished rod:
http://forums.basspro.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=023371#000000
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the split grip is primarily marketed to catch more fisherman rather than more fish.....
Pauleye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Weight savings? Reply with quote

How much does 6" of a cork grip weigh. I don't think it registers on a scale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: