CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: RT. 9 in Belin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richep

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: RT. 9 in Belin Reply with quote

Has anyone fished off rt 9 in berlin. These are the bodies of water on both sides of the highway. One side has the old crane sticking out of the water. I hear there are some big bass in there. Antone go there?
Ryan G.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

the one with the crane i am sure is loaded with fish but you cant get in there without permission. The other side is a decent lake and I have caught some giant crappie out of there. haven't fished it in a while though.
richep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one get in there with a boat? Someone I talked to said you follow the train tracks.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy use to fish there and said it was indeed loaded with bass. I think it is illegal to fish there. I will ask him tonight and get back to you.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is not illegal to fish there but shore access to launch a canoe is limited. It is illegal to park off the highway behind the guardrails and launch as some state troopers depending on their mood will ticket you so launching from the highway is risky. You have to get off the exit off of Route 9 southbound right after the pond and take a right at the light. Go straight through the stop sign and take your your 2nd right. I think the road is called Brickyard Lane or Road. Follow the road all the way to the end until you see a dead-end street rotary. This rotary is right next to a manufacturing plant parking lot. If you park on the side of the rotary and not in front of people's houses you should be fine. From there you should see a little pond off to your right. Follow the pond on the right hand side and walk about 50 yards. This should take you to the edge of the pond you see from the highway. There are several clearings in the brush to allow you to put in a canoe. May sound like a lot to fish there but well worth it as there is alot of cover there and there are some nice bass in there as this place is fished very little. Been there and caught some nice fish over the years. Just a hassle to get in that's all.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeter are you referring to the side with the crane or the other side?

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict, I am talking about the side without the crane. The one with the crane in it is completely no trespassing because one shore abuts the highway and the other is the back property of a junk dealer and landfill company and the hill is residential back yards so there is no access there unless you want to chance it from the highway pull-off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: