CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Salmon Brook Grandby
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aj1986

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Salmon Brook Grandby Reply with quote

Went out yesterday to a couple new spots of Salmon Brook, got out around 11am and fished untill about 2pm. Water was clear and cold, glad i wore wool socks! We've never fished this area before so we figured wed try it out.
It was a lot more narrow then the places we usually fish but there were some nice deep parts along the bank. We ran little prince nymphs along the banks as we moved our way up and i managed to get 4 browns, largest going about 13-14 inches. My brother got 3 or 4 browns, 2 little brookies and a dace, his largest being about 10-11 inches. Browns were beautiful with large orange spots and a purpleish tint. Didn't ever have to change flies because the nymphs were working so well, all in all it was a good day, glad to have finally got out. Will post a couple of pics when i get a chance to upload it to photobucket.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: