CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Salmon/CT River Trip results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Salmon/CT River Trip results Reply with quote

Took the kids to CT river/Salmon River yesterday. Used Salmon River Boat Launch (which btw was great/thx to member for recommendation).

Water level was down/all the trees exposed. First hour produced us nothing. About a mile down right before the turn on Salmon I got a hit from a Pike, but he escaped right before I grabbed him. He was about 36 inches...

On the way back, before dropping off one of my sons for a swap with another, I got a hit from a 2lbs Bass.

Both of my sons were getting skunked the entire time. We did only use plastics. Water Visibility was maybe a foot.

I did the same trip with my other sun, up and down the Salmon and we were unlucky again until we were on the way back.....which was a work out. Wind was up river and so was the tide.

I was trolling when 30" 4lbs Pike hooked. My first "real" pike.....as few weeks ago at Bantam River I got a 12"......can't count that hehe

After that we headed over to Eagles Park off CT River to hang out and do some off shore. I haven't been lucky here but to my surprise I landed a pretty big Pickrel. He was about 2 feet and 3 lbs. I'm guessing that's a pretty decent size (or maybe average)......I'm used to these things being 12-16" at Mondo Pond.

My kids had a ball even though they didn't catch much. I have to rig up Texas/Carolina rigs for them next time...

My son did hit a Yellow Perch on the doc but it escaped.

Pretty happy with the trip. Kayak did well!
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, glad you were able to land some fish. The wind was insane, we opted for the protection of the trees in Mattabassett River.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: