CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Salmon River 10/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nk1190

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Salmon River 10/11 Reply with quote

Was there from 2-5pm but only spent about an hour fishing, the rest of the time i was enjoying the foliage and being outside. I caught three trout, one brookie and two browns. Also mixed in was a little small mouth. I used a black and yellow Mepps inline spinner the whole time. Fish were jumping and visible everywhere. It was a nice day to just walk up and down the river and get some good fishing in.

PECo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

That's the brookie, right? I'm no trout fisherman, but I eat 'em when I catch 'em. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nk1190!

Nice German Brown Trout -> Beautiful spots!

Salmon River was only 5 minutes from my house when I lived in East Hamptom.

SeaDog1
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice brownie!!
live bait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time i was there the water was extremely low but that was this past summer...i think they stock it again in the fall....thats a nice lookin fish maybe i'll have to get some trout fishin in
nk1190

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

live bait-

I believe they stocked it last week (On the 4th but I could be wrong about the exact date) The DEP fishing report for that week said they stocked 600 trophy size brown trout into the salmon river (a trophy is considered 12" or more).
Daryl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Flow Conditions Reply with quote

Hey NK, I was wondering if you could give us a better idea of what the flow conditions were when you were there. It was barely a trickle when I was up there in mid-September and fishing just wasn't an option in those conditions. Is is still low like 1-2 feet or is it a least a few feet deep there now? Thanks in advance!

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
nk1190

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best answer would be the flow conditions were still low, i have only fished the salmon river once before and that was in august so I don't have much to compare it against but most areas that I fished the depth was 1-2 feet. I had read online that they were trying to hold off the fall stocking until the flow was sufficient enough so I assume with the rain the last 2 weeks flows have increased and the water level should make for '"better" fishing. Hope this helps.
- Nick
Daryl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, thanks for the response. You just convinced me to make another run up there sometime before the season is over!

"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: