CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Salmon River 7/31
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Salmon River 7/31 Reply with quote

Went out Saturday afternoon, put the Kayak in around 2:00pm fished till 6;30 or so. Fished a bit in the cove where the rivers meet. With no luck. Very heavy vegitation. So I made my way up river and fished every spot that looked like it would hold fish (which there were many) I was using a 1/2oz Pumpkinseed spinnerbait, 5" Senkos Blk/Blu Flake, a coupe other colors that elude me. also a 4" Tube Madigras colored. Was able to land one LMB 17-3/4" on the BLK/Blu senko wacky rigged you can see in the pic the structure I had to pull it from, This fish was strong, I think river fish are much stronger than lake residents. Put a quality effort into the trip. I don't think I made it half way up to the dam, in the 4 plus hours. There is a lot of water to cover. I will be going back because this place holds fish. While I was paddling around I saw a Stripper crusing around lookes to be 24" or so. This is a nice place to paddle nice launching area. All in all a good trip. Met a Husband and wife fishing in there canoe. They were fishing wacky rigged Jersey rigged worms. They look pretty cool. They had a tough trip they had no fish up to when I left.

Tim
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Tim! I would have loved to have seen that stripper Very Happy
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Hey, Tim! Reply with quote

I'm sorry that I missed you on Saturday. I was still dead from Friday's outing.

Did you happen to catch the names of the couple fishing from the canoe? If not, was the canoe green?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Phil I did not catch there name, Yes the canoe was green with a trolling motor. They said they were from Hamden.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: