CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Salmon River NY Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Salmon River NY Reply with quote

I was just wondering if there was anybody on this site that goes up to the Salmon River in Pulaski NY to fish for Cohos, King Salmon, Monster Browns and Steelhead?

I have become quite the trout fisherman this year and would love to go up there and catch some big fish.

I am very interested in going and have a bunch of questions. Wink

Thanks,
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...no one Wink
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RobO!

I went 1 time 3 years ago up to Pulaski -> The crowd of fisherman was unreal.
And just try to find a parking space (or pay big time for a spot on the locals lawn)
It was a ZOO!!!!!!!!!! Shocked and I'll never go again!!!!!!!
I'm in no way stretching the TRUTH here.
Oh! And with that many fishermen hammering away at the fish in the holding pools -> it's total bedlam!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Not my kind of fishing!!!!!!!

SeaDog1
tommytbomb88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frist off sea dog its not crowed you got to know where to go then like me i go to the wall in oswego and fish the owesgo river yeah there a bunch of people but get wader and walk the river when its low or get a guide yeah they will put yu on fish or take you to spots that some people dont even know iam sorry that the first time you came up sucked to blame a different state that you only been to once sorry i sounds like an as***** but this i one oh the best fisheries in the north east if not the world there world class brown rainbows steelhead smallmouth walleye pike carp and catfish again sory about that rant i just think it not right wait you said about somewhere you went once sorry but its the truth thanks
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tb!

I use to run a small cruise ship (89 passengers) for 4 years from Warren, R.I. up the Hudson, the Canal, then thru 0swego and on to Quebec.
Use to see the shore line there Looooooaded with fishermen during the runs.
That's what got me to go.
Yes! It is a fantastic fishery and that's why it gets loaded up with fishermen.

I'd rather fish the streams/lakes of the Adirondacks, Catskills, or Finger Lakes (which I been to many times) then Pulaski!!!!

BUT! Its not my type of fishing, there at Pulaski, and it sure isn't relaxing when you have to butt- up against other fishermen for casting room and listen to a bunch of liqured-up/beer swiging morons.
Then the Motels and Hotels jack their prices up during the runs as well as other businesses.
AND!!!! -> NO WAY will I pay some guide when I have years under my belt of knowing how to read a river/stream, read a river chart, and know where the fish are and the holding pools are!

Sorry! But give me a quiet river/stream where I don't have to put up with all the HULABOO!!! and HYPE of that ZOO!!!!

If that's what you like and can put up with all that, then that's Ok! -> Have your fun!!!!

NOT ME! -> Once was more than enough!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
tommytbomb88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i under stand you dont want a guide but if you took map for central new york you could find spot where poeple dont know about i just would walk round and look at the stream and see if there where any fish or sign of them it not hard to do but yeah its a trip
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you freaking kidding me has anyone been reading my posts. I have been going up there for 25 years. and caught well over 20 steel head this year along with cohos and kings. rob you know the deal just ask... i dont fish those crowded places. fish the same rivers but not side to side neck to neck... far as i know there are alot of places to get rooms cheap. that is if you dont care about no free breakfast and shit. had a camper up there proly 15 years now...
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea did i mention im going back up friday....
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Going back up Friday? Reply with quote

Hey Asian Fisher,

I knew you went up regularly and had a camper.. However since our last fishing adventure (me getting tipped over twice in your sinking kayak lol) I wasn't sure if you wanted to give fishing with me another try lol.

I am planning on going up around November 11th for the first time. Thinking about getting a guide with a buddy of mine. I know most of the salmon are gone, but still excited to catch a steelie.

I would have gone up sooner but my buddy and my schedule never seemed to work out until mid November.

I bought a 9 foot noodle rod and new Shimano reel for the trip.

If you go up again let me know. Maybe I can get a day or two up there with you. This time wading.. No kayaks!

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Going back up Friday? Reply with quote

i'll most likely will be up there pretty much every weekend if i can help it... Getting a guide huh... damn thats pricey... i know alot of good spots up there. and as for kayaks... you wont be ready for that river for at least a few years. i only found 1 guy to go with me so far. anyways nah dude no worries bout that venture in summer. keep in contact with me and we'll see how it goes. good luck with the guides. booking this late can get pricey and the rivers have been crazy so alot has gotten pushed back... surprised still you havent asked. could of asked friends to book you cheap if it was like that or ask me if dates could of scheduled ya in... lemme know the dates for sure...
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Pulaski in April? Reply with quote

Asian or Tommybomb,

Have you guys ever fished up there in Pulaski in April?

This time I would love to try and fish some other areas beside the main ones.

I am thinking about going.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Going back up Friday? Reply with quote

I have... You have to watch out for the melt off.. Have to keep an eye on the water levels from the snow melt aways... Fishing is good than not as good as nov. but the river is loaded... Thats when they retreat outta the rivers back into the lake.. And in july is when the hatchery release the steelies back into the river after they do whatever it is they do with sperm and eggs..
fishtrout24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i go up there all the time im going up this weekend for steel. in oct and nov i go every weekend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the 15th and 16th went to pulaski steelhead fishing got one lost three landed coho real red had lot of white so threw back water was running at 285 real low and suoer clear used 4and 5pound leader with egg patterns and black stoneflys with gold beadhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet man.. Didnt think anyone goes up there around here.. To cold for most.. When do you plan on going up again? Let me know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: