CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Salt Water Lures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Salt Water Lures Reply with quote

I recently received a tackle box from one of my church brothers( he resales forclosed home and gives me the fishing equipment he finds)

He gave me some saltwater lures and I am not sure if they are any good, i removed the treble hooks out of them and replaced some. Since I dont go salt water fishing that often, just wondering if they were worth using.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two lures on top to the left are chug bugs. My uncle lives on Lake Champlain in NY and that's all he uses and does VERY well with them. He actually just told me he caught an 11 pounder earlier in the summer on one. The second one down on the right is called a zara spook. I've never used one but i've read alot of reports from people on this forum that they use them in the spring for stripers that come up the rivers and do really well with them.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All decent surf casting lures for large species in the salt water (blues/bass) or freshwater. I have a lot of success with the jointed swimbates and pike in the CT River. The topwater lures will all draw strikes from stripers and blues. Definately a useful arsenal if you decide to hit the shoreline.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, when i first got them I was going to trash them because the hooks were rusted, but then i learned you can replace them. Hopefully they will get some use.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The popper in the bottom right corner looks to be on of those Creek Chubs that sinks and has to be worked fast to keep it on top. The Rapala Jointed in the bottom left is a deep diver which is better from a boat. Heddon Zara Spooks are well known walk-the-dog topwaters for saltwater and freshwater fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: