CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Saltwater - York, Maine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Saltwater - York, Maine Reply with quote

I'm visiting my Parents this week and decided to check the Maine regs for saltwater fishing. I found that our CT saltwater license makes it so we don't have to register in ME to fish the salt. You do have to carry your valid license though to prove you are compliant.

Quote:
There are some exceptions for both residents and non-residents. You do not need to register if:

•You hold a valid saltwater license or registration from another state

http://www.maine.gov/dmr/recreational/registryinfo.htm

So I decided to give it a try. I'm not sure if there are stripers around here yet or if the water is still too cold for that but it was such a beautiful day I decided to go anyway. Didn't end up catching anything but it was a good excuse to get out and throw some lures around. Here's a few pics from a few of my fishing locations...

I fished from the rocks at Sohier Park which is where Nubble Light is...

and I also fished for a while from the Town Docks...

Had a great time. I may try it again tomorrow. I just need to figure out what I'm doing...lol
mep21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a beautiful place to fish! I'm living in Maine for the next six months so if you want to ever drop a line while you are up here, let me know. I'd like to try and fish some more of the coast this year as well. I'm living in Lewiston, ME which is about an hour so from York. Just starting to find some good freshwater spots too. Hit up a pond last weekend where I caught about 20 or so bass. They were already nailing the topwater frogs! Hope you are doing well.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark! So, frogs are already working up in Maine? Wow! Very Happy

Do you still have the photos of me with the northern pike at Lake Winchester from last year? Could you send them to me or post them somewhere? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies Phil, I completely forgot I had those! I'll make a point to get them to you sometime this weekend.

And yes the frog was already working for me. I was absolutely shocked when it did. Basically, I was having some moderate success with an inline spinner and then spotted some large areas of super shallow (2-4 ft) water that looked like perfect places for a frog in warmer weather. I couldn't resist giving it a shot and much to my surprise I immidietly started getting hits. I'm just glad my slight obsession with frog fishing wouldn't let me pass by that area without at least trying. It's so early in the season andI'm already addicted to frog fishing again and might have to try it some more this weekend!
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, nice to see you on here. You need to start posting some out of state reports Very Happy

It is beautiful here in York. It would be more beautiful if I could pull in a striper. I've been looking into it a bit more and from what I hear things are better here around August and September for fishing. That won't stop me from at least trying though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: