CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Santee SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish-head

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Santee SC Reply with quote

I haven't posted in a long time. Fishing in SC has been very tough with the high heat we have had. Just started to cool down some and make a day out on the water at least tolerable.

Pre-fished Santee for an upcoming bass club T. Had a good day with 15 or so bass between us. They just changed the limit on the bass at Santee to 14".
For those who have never fished Santee it is basically a big swamp on the upper lake with thousands of cypress trees. Water temps were 82-85. Only about 4ft deep and you don't motor through there at 60 mph. Unless you want to die!

We decided to flip the trees with Zoom magnum lizards. I was using the Bama bug color, my buddy Mack was using the Red bug color. He did better than me out of the back of the boat with some nice fish. If a bass was on the tree, it would immediately take it. No need to work it back to the boat. A couple shakes and reel in for the next pitch. Did see some big Gators, but they were too far away to get a good picture.

Here are some pics for ya.

Buddy Mack with a nice bass.

Best bass of the day @4lbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: