CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Saugatuck Res.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Saugatuck Res. Reply with quote

Took the ride out to the saugatuck res. yesterday, wanted to try out the new Koppers Live target Smelt. The water is still really low, so I had to snap some shots with the camera at some of my favorite spots. Second cast wit the Live target smelt i tagged a 17" brown and then a 13" brown. Seems the trout are comming in to spawn, had a ton chase the lure right up to the rocks.

I suggest everyone get one of those Koppers Smelt lures those things are deadly!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking of getting myself a permit to fish there. Do you think it is worth it? I am at the point where it is almost time to put away the kayak, but will need something to get my fishing fix. If I do go there, I was thinking of early Sunday morning. What types of lures work well there?

I usually fish for LMB and smallies. I don;t think I really have anyting for trout, but would to love to catch one. I have never caught one, and really never fished for them before.
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend pulled out a 12lb + walleye recently out of there

we went there today and didnt catch much besides 1 trout and a perch

I caught 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a fishing report about the walleye I lost right at the shore. Sad Glad you guys had a good trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: