CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Sebago Lake 6/29-7/6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmmass3264

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Sebago Lake 6/29-7/6 Reply with quote

Had booked a week at a friends cabin on the west shore of sebago lake for the week of the 4th so I obviously couldn't wait to get out there and fish! Most of the week the weather cooperated with the exeption for Monday and a few rainy evenings. Overall fishing was great! Probably caught over 100 fish during the week. Fished off a 14ft aluminium boat. Threw my little 65' 6hp johnson on it and we(me and a friend, with trolling motor and battery plus gear) managed to achieve a steady 13mph which I thought was pretty good. Anyway Most of the fish caught were smallies. Did get into a weedy cove one afternoon and managed to snatch a few small pickerel. But smallmouth were the main fish being caught throughout the week as the west shore of sebago is real sandy and rocky and is is smallie territory. Fished most of the week with wacky rigged senkos and different types of raps. But caught some on spinnerbaits and did manage a nice one on a hula popper at night. Caught almost all fish up close to the rocky shore in 10fow or less. Most fish caught were real good sized and very healthy looking. Overall amazing week and already planning next years trip!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a great time, I was actually thinking of going to Sebago Lake late this summer but I plan on going to I think salmon lake in Maine, a place called whisper wood lodge. Did you fish the senkos weightless or on a dropshots? What was the biggest you caught up there?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
jmmass3264

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was a blast. I threw the senkos weightless. The biggest fish was around 19 or 20" but a lot of fish we caught were over 18" Really solid fish all week. Good luck at salmon, and if you get the chance, u should really try sebago!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice smallies! Sounds like an awesome time!
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job man! I was actually up at Long Lake which is right next to Sebago Lake for the weekend. Didn't get a lot of time to fish but got a ton of white perch, some bullheads, LMB, SMB, and pickerel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man @michael and @sbehuniak09, i was up at long lake to watch fireworks on the 4th. Looks like a cool lake to fish!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmmass3264 wrote:
Thanks man @michael and @sbehuniak09, i was up at long lake to watch fireworks on the 4th. Looks like a cool lake to fish!

We took my buddy's boat right out near the barge on the 4th it was sweet. It seems like a good lake but I haven't put any real fishing time into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: