CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Senko
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Senko Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Do you see the Illusion Rolling Eyes
MarkO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but can you flip those things?
slim2043

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluebird days in the forecast. For sure there will be some flipping! Chance of Senkos for Flippy 0% Smile chance of senkos for me 25% chance of senkos for ctfishtalk 100%

Smile Smile Smile

Fish hard this weekend gentlemen!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wacky rigged five inch Senko got me all but one of my fish today. I got nothing on a buzzbait, a Rapala Shallow Shad Rap SSR5 or a weighted Texas rigged Baby Brushhog. Que sera, sera, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't put it away if it's what's catching em Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you work those things mr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a wacky rigged five inch Senko and prefer using an o-ring. You can buy o-rings and o-ring tools at Cabela's, unless you have a really good buddy who can buy you the correct size of o-rings in bulk from Grainger, right Dawg?

I usually try to let the Senko fall vertically to the bottom, wait a few seconds, twitch it on the bottom a little bit and let it fall back to the bottom again. Lather, rinse, repeat. If there's a bass nearby, it'll pick it up off of the bottom when the bite is slow, or on the fall or retrieve when it's active. Yesterday, the largemouth were picking it up off of the bottom so gently that we didn't even know they were there until we started our retrieves.

Despite flippy's sarcasm, a wacky rigged Senko makes a terrific follow up bait to throw if you get a missed strike and know where the fish is sitting. When I'm dragging a buzzbait or a soft plastic frog over pads, I like to have a wacky Senko tied on to toss to any fish that whiff on the first lure..

Last edited by PECo on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I always tend to hit the fish either first when it hits the water or on the retrieve. Might be because I am impatient but when I use wacky rigged senkos I am shooting them in shade spots all over. To be honest I was never a senko guy and I refused to use them, but when all my buddies started pulling stuff left and right I switched and gave in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: