CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Shark fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CartmanCT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Shark fishing Reply with quote

Has anyone ever went on boat for shark fishing in CT or RI ? If so how was it ? How big of a chance of catching one
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a pretty good chance of catching blue sharks. I would say pretty close to 85%. Catching a Mako ,Thresher or some other species takes ,timing ,luck and know how. We have some Mako tricks that we use when we go offshore.

Blue Sharks are fun to catch if you have never caught anything like that.

There is nothing like the first time u go offshore and u have a chum slick and start to see sharks swimming around in your click and up to the boat. Sometimes biting the chum bucket and just acting like the food chain kings that they are.

Mid June is prime Blue shark time. The sharks are mating at this point. They are a little beat up but still fight great.

Keys to success : Find a great Charter boat Captain.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shark fish all summer on my boat, only been skunked twice in 4 years. Pretty hard to not catch at least one shark while offshore, mako or thresher sharks are few and far in between.
Have gone months without a mako or thresher at times then catch 2 or 3 the next time out.
Any charter captain will be able to put you on the sharks, good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: